Chiropractor Rockville, MD
The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. We realize that there are many factors of a person's health that are entirely environmental. This includes factors such as emotional stress, environmental pollution, electromagnetic frequencies, and many others. At Synergy Chiropractic, we want to empower our patients to take charge of their healthcare and change the things in their lives that they can control by means of prevention or developing new lifestyle choices. We also want to educate you about your specific condition or ailments you may be suffering from to help you manage symptoms and/or prevent issues from occuring in the first place.
We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable/practical wellness information that you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to Contact Us at any time with questions or to make an appointment or set up a consult to ask questions about a condition or problem you might be suffering from.
- What is Chiropractic
- Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Heat Therapy
- Ice Therapy
- Lifting Techniques
- Back Pain
- Dietary Guidelines
- Water Information
- Headaches and Migraines
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Injuries and Preformance
- Back Injuries
Please view our medical disclaimer. (Click Here)
Our Health Blog
Check out our blog where we post about currently issues in health and wellness or things we think are important to address. The idea is to inform you about issues that may be affecting your life and allow you to take control and solve them. If you have any ideas or requests for certain topics to be addressed on our blog please Contact Us and we will try to answer it for you. Thanks and just click the icon below.
Therapeutic massage involves manipulating the soft tissues of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress. As in many kinds of therapy, therapeutic massage is one part of your overall chiropractic treatment plan.
- Alleviates headache-associated pain.
- Helps improve your ability to walk with a normal and balanced gait.
- Helps lower your blood pressure.
- Improves your breathing as a result of a more relaxed diaphragm.
- Improves your range of motion, muscle tone, and flexibility.
- Increases your blood flow, which aids in the healing process and allows muscles to work more efficiently.
- Reduces stiffness, pain and muscle tension.
- Stimulates the body to release helpful chemicals such as endorphins.
Massage has been shown to be an effective treatment for a wide variety of health problems, including:
- Sleep apnea and insomnia.
- Range of motion.
- Pain (chronic and temporary).
- Myofascial pain.
- Jaw disorders.
- Injuries such as pulled or strained muscles and ligaments.
- Digestive disorders, including spastic colon and constipation.
- Circulatory problems.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Asthma and bronchitis.
In some cases, devices may be used to perform massage. Traction massage entails lying on your back on a special table with a pillow under your knees. The table has small rollers that glide up and down your spine. Traction massage helps stretch and massage the muscles in your back, and is not a form of spinal adjustment. In fact, traction massage may sometimes be used to make an adjustment go more smoothly.