Chiropractor Rockville, MD
The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. We realize that there are many factors of a person's health that are entirely environmental. This includes factors such as emotional stress, environmental pollution, electromagnetic frequencies, and many others. At Synergy Chiropractic, we want to empower our patients to take charge of their healthcare and change the things in their lives that they can control by means of prevention or developing new lifestyle choices. We also want to educate you about your specific condition or ailments you may be suffering from to help you manage symptoms and/or prevent issues from occuring in the first place.
We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable/practical wellness information that you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to Contact Us at any time with questions or to make an appointment or set up a consult to ask questions about a condition or problem you might be suffering from.
- What is Chiropractic
- Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Heat Therapy
- Ice Therapy
- Lifting Techniques
- Back Pain
- Dietary Guidelines
- Water Information
- Headaches and Migraines
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Injuries and Preformance
- Back Injuries
Please view our medical disclaimer. (Click Here)
Our Health Blog
Check out our blog where we post about currently issues in health and wellness or things we think are important to address. The idea is to inform you about issues that may be affecting your life and allow you to take control and solve them. If you have any ideas or requests for certain topics to be addressed on our blog please Contact Us and we will try to answer it for you. Thanks and just click the icon below.
One of the main causes of pain and disease in the human body can be traced to improper alignment of the vertebrae in your spinal column. This is called a subluxation. Through carefully applied pressure, massage, and manual manipulation of the vertebrae and joints, pressure and irritation on the nerves is relieved and joint mobility is restored, allowing your body to return to its natural state of balance, called homeostasis. Put another way, when the bones in your spine are allowed to go back to their proper positions, the nerve energy can resume its normal flow and your body's natural healing processes can function properly.
In general, proper chiropractic treatment of your body's lumbar, or lower back, region, involves very little risk and the rewards can be significant.
Chiropractic or osteopathic manipulations can be especially helpful in relieving pain for facet joint injuries, osteoarthritis, and sacroiliac joint dysfunction, because such conditions respond well to mobilization. Moreover, scores of patients with chronic headaches, sinus problems, high blood pressure, ear infections, leg pain, arthritis, and many other illnesses have reported significant relief after chiropractic therapy.
Increasingly over the past few decades, the medical community has come to accept and recognize chiropractic care as a valid form of treatment for a variety of neuro-musculoskeletal conditions, and as a conservative treatment option for patients with lower back pain. Moreover, many medical doctors recognize a chiropractic diagnosis and accept it as the first line of treatment for functional disorders of the entire musculoskeletal system.
Studies by leading medical journals in recent years have confirmed the benefits of chiropractic care:
- A 1993 report by the Ontario Ministry of Health concluded that chiropractic care was the most effective treatment for lower back pain. The agency also recommended that chiropractic care be fully integrated in the Canadian government's health care system.
- In 1994, the federal Agency for Health Care Policy and Research published its Clinical Practice Guidelines, which asserted that spinal manipulation was effective in reducing pain and speeding recovery among patients with acute low back symptoms without radiculopathy.
- A 1996 New England Journal of Medicine study of outcomes and costs for acute low back pain found that patients treated by chiropractors were significantly more satisfied than those who saw primary care, orthopedic or managed care practitioners.
- A 1996 study in the journal Spine echoed that study and found that patients who sought chiropractic care were more likely to feel that treatment was helpful, more likely to be satisfied with their care, and less likely to seek care from another provider for the same condition, compared to those who sought care from medical doctors.
- In 2001, the Center for Clinical Health Policy Research at Duke University concluded in a study that spinal manipulation resulted in almost immediate improvement for cervicogenic headaches, or those that originate in the neck, and had significantly fewer side effects and longer-lasting relief of tension-type headache than a commonly prescribed medication.