September 03, 2019
Today I am highlighting my top 5 reasons why holistic chiropractic treatments should be a part of every child's school year routine:
1. Improved Brain And Nervous System Function. Spinal misalignments interfere with brain-body nerve signaling. They also cause a decreased input of stimuli to the brain. By getting adjusted and correcting spinal misalignments, input to the brain is increased and nerve signaling is improved. The brain can literally talk better to the body and vice versa. This results in clearer thinking, better concentration and focus, better memory, better motor function, and more. For example, a study in the Journal of Neural Plasticity found that spinal adjustments increased activity in the pre-frontal cortex of the brain by 20% immediately.
2. Improved Posture And Spinal Health. Let's face it-backpacks take a toll. Sports result in injuries. Sitting at a desk all day with bad posture sets our children up for problems. My mother and office manager Janice first took me to my chiropractor when I was 12 years old because some professionals at my grade school discovered that I was already developing a scoliosis (spinal curvature). Dr. Rosenberg was able to reduce my spinal curvature significantly before my spine matured. Holistic chiropractic restores spinal alignment and facilitates (turns on) in particular our postural muscles (which can become inhibited for a variety of reasons), helping us to maintain better posture. Chiropractic should also be one of first lines of treatment post-injury, for anything from strain sprains to concussions. Chiropractic care results in shorter injury recovery, improved healing, and aids in prevention of future injuries.
3. Improved Immune System Function And Less Sickness. It's becoming more well-known that chiropractic treatments increase immune system function by increasing white blood cell count, improving immune organ function, decreasing negative effects of cortisol on immune health, and more. Getting sick less often and/or not getting as sick when catching something is one of the TOP reported benefits of chiropractic care by patients.
4. Improved Stress Management. Chiropractic aids in managing stress levels by balancing our nervous system (sympathetic aka fight-or-flight vs. parasympathetic aka rest-and-digest nervous systems), helping manage cortisol (stress hormone) levels, and enhancing our mood through our own feel-good neurological-transmitters and brain function. School children are reporting more and more stress associated with school. Just as adults feel stress-relief from their holistic chiropractic visits, children do as well!
5. A more unique benefit of chiropractic- Help With Growing Pains! Growing pains can be due to a number of things, including lowered dietary minerals and nutrients, musculoskeletal imbalances, hormonal imbalances, and more. With my tool of Applied Kinesiology muscle testing, we can help to identify any mineral or nutritional deficiencies, such as zinc and magnesium. We can also identify the major musculoskeletal imbalances and correct them. Finally, we can help to identify endocrine organ weaknesses, such as in the adrenal or thyroid glands, and address these through manual techniques and nutrition.
These are just my top 5 reasons to take your kids to a chiropractor this school year, but there are so many more. Make it a wonderful first day back! Happy September!